For those students unable to make it to campus for advising, we offer virtual appointments. We email students with information about the scheduled appointment time and provide the link to join our online meeting. If you did not receive emails with information at least one week before the appointment, please contact our office: email@example.com or call (217) 333-2682.
- We are on Central Time in Illinois, so please check the time in your area: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- We meet with several students at the same time during these appointments, so it's important to prepare for your appointment by sending all necessary information to your advisor and reviewing all the material sent to you. Please show up to the virtual appointments on time- we will start promptly and you may be asked to reschedule if you miss any of the presentation.
- We will be using Zoom for the online meeting, software that has been tested in many international and domestic locations.
- For the meeting, we ask that you use a laptop or desktop computer as you will be registering for classes during this time, and it will be best for navigating between the meeting and the other websites. There will be audio, so please have earphones or be in a quiet space~ a microphone and video are optional. You will, of course, need an Internet connection to reach the Zoom download (and later, the meeting). Broadband wired is always recommended for the best connection stability.
We encourage you to download the Zoom Software in advance: https://zoom.us/download
- Please make sure that you have submitted all 'homework' and taken all placement tests prior to the appointment (notify your advisor in adance if you have any issues or have additional information). Reply to emails from your advisor with information they request- this will make your appointment go faster and smoother.
- We will send you an email about your virtual advising session (how to log in and other important information). Make sure to have this available while you are registering.
- Prior to your online appointment, we encourage you to watch the registration videos so you understand the economics degree requirements and also the registration process (we will email these to you, and they may also be viewed below). During the appointment we will answer any questions you have and you will register for classes.