Hendrix College to Award Odyssey Medal to Len Nichols (Econ PhD '81) for his distinguished career
Alumni News and Notes
- The man who made River North into a nationally known nightlife district has bought a home in Nashville...
- More news on Mary Daly (Econ '87) and her rise to the top of the San Fran Fed, overcoming diversity and equality on her path
- Investor’s Business Daily (IBD), a leading financial news and research organization, today announced that it has joined forces with Peeptrade, a trading platform that leverages the power of social networks to groom the next generation of investors.
- San Francisco Fed Picks Mary Daly (Econ '87) as President; Ms. Daly, the bank's research director, will take up her new post on Oct. 1, succeeding John Williams
- It is with great sadness that we heard of the passing of James "Jimmy" Pinkstaff, 41, of Urbana who died on Saturday September 8, 2018 in Urbana. Jimmy, as his friends called him, was a 1999 graduate of the Economics undergraduate program at the UI. He also received a bachelors in finance in 19
- Economics Department has two alumni with a connection to Mr. Obama: Mr. Jesse Ruiz (Econ ’88) and Mr. Billy Dec.
- Former Illinois legislator, Jim Nowlan, refers to Douglas Kane's (Econ '79) dissertation in his editorial about Chicago vs. downstate debate.
- The Senate voted Tuesday to confirm Columbia University economist Richard Clarida to become Federal Reserve vice chairman, filling a top leadership position ahead of the central bank’s September policy meeting. President Donald Trump tapped Mr. Clarida in April to serve as No. 2 to Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, whom Mr. Trump nominated last year.
- Software AG Appoints Raj Datta as New President for North America August 28, 2018 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
- Illinois Athletics - ‘Honoring a Legend’ - Joyce’s gift brings Butkus statue to reality
- Hakan Dalcik (MSPE '07), is currently employed as the Head of the TIR Department at the Ministry of Customs and Trade in Turkey.