Jiaying Gu (Econ PhD 2015), an assistant professor at UTM in the Department of Economics, was awarded the 2018 Polanyi Prize for her statistical approach of measuring unobserved or unmeasured heterogeneous qualities.
Alumni News and Notes
- Edward Keating, CFA, joined as a Senior Wealth Advisor. At BMO Private Bank, Keating and Wano worked together managing 120 client relationships. Keating served as Director and Senior Portfolio Manager for 19 years.
- Each month we list the highlights and notes about our alumni. Interested in having your updates included? E-mail email@example.com
- The list of economists who should have won the Nobel Prize but didn't added another name with the passing of Harold Demsetz (b. 1930) on January 4, 2019.
- Sterling Partners Quantitative Investments (“SPQI”), an investment manager specializing in a variety of quantitative alternative investment strategies, announced today the launch of its Equity Market Neutral Strategy. SPQI is an affiliate of Sterling Partners (“Sterling”), a diversified investment management firm based in Chicago.
- Macro Musings Podcast: Julia Coronado (Econ 1991) On Inflation, Fed Rate Hikes, And Recent Economic Developments
- McConnel's textbook, "Economics: Principles, Problems, and Policies," has seen over 20 editions since its initial publication by McGraw-Hill in 1960. As the best-selling book in its field, McConnell's work has reached millions of students, spanning generations.
- Theresa Eagleson (Economics 1990) will serve as Director of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS).* Eagleson currently serves as the executive director of the Office of Medicaid Innovation at the University of Illinois system
- Governor-elect JB Pritzker named Jesse Ruiz (Econ 1988) one of three Illinois Deputy Governors.
- Bank of America announced that Rajendra "Raju" Patel (Econ 1986) has been appointed market president, serving as the company’s enterprise leader in Denver.
- Champaign County Auditor | Finally adding up
- Stevens Industries President Todd Wegman (Econ '93)overseas one of North Americas largest commercial casework companies.