ESTIMATED ANNUAL COST PER STUDENT FOR
MSPE PROGRAM 2020-2021
Expenses paid directly to the University of Illinois
Total tuition and fees are estimated to be $43,812. The tuition and fees figures per semester are given in the table below.
- The amount given above is the annual (academic year 2020-2021) tuition and fees, covering fall, spring, as well as summer semester session.
- All Fees presented in table below are tentative; they may increase a few percentage points. Actual numbers will be known in mid-March 2021.
- Tuition figures for fall & spring semesters are fixed and don't vary with the number of courses taken.
- Fees vary based on the number of courses taken.
- Tuition & fee figures for summer 2021 are based on two courses taken. If a student takes less or more courses in the summer, adjustments will be made.
- International students will be assessed a $35 International Student Fee each semester enrolled. This cost is not included in Fees figures below.
- Students enrolled in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses will be assessed an additional $515 in tuition per course. This cost is not included in the Tuition figures below.
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Summer 2021|
|$14,710 Tuition||$14,710 Tuition||$6,990 Tuition|
|$2,952 Fees||$2,952 Fees||$1,498 Fees|
|$17,662 TOTAL||$17,662 TOTAL||$8,488 TOTAL|
- The $6,990 tuition figure for summer 2021 is tentative and is based on registration for two courses; it will be $3,495 for one course or $10,485 for three courses.
- The $1,498 fees figure for summer 2021 is tentative and based on registration for two courses; adjustments will be made if a student registers for one or three courses. Campus fee rate details can be found on the Registrar's website.
Living expenses, books and supplies
Total expenses = $24,020
Minimum room and board (12 months) = $18,280
Other Expenses (fall and spring) = $3,640
Books and supplies (fall and spring) = $1,800
Books and supplies (summer only) = $300
Total estimated tuition & fees plus living expenses, books & supplies: $67,832
Other expenses include allowances for transportation, clothing, recreation, and other living/miscellaneous expenses. These expenses vary greatly based on the individual student's lifestyle and the allowance is based on what are considered reasonable, but modest, costs.
- Travel expenses
Allowance to cover expenses such as airfare, visas, in-transit expenses, baggage costs, winter purchases, extra expenses during academic vacations, etc.
- Contingency fund
We strongly advise that you provide a contingency fund of $3,000 for your initial expenses.
- Additional expenses of married students
Married students who will be accompanied by spouses (and/or children), must certify additional financial resources to the U.S. embassy or consulate office in order for dependent visas to be issued. The additional expense for one dependent is estimated to be approximately $7,300 per year. The expense for two dependents is approximately $11,300 per year and each additional dependent is $2,000 per year. Costs are calculated per 12-month period. It is also highly advisable to purchase health insurance for accompanying dependents. Visit the Student Health Insurance FAQ website for dependent health insurance rates. These rates are subject to change.