The second field trip for the semester was to visit Bayer in St. Louis on October 25th. Bayer acquired Monsanto Company in 2018.
MSPE Field Trips
- Our first field trip for the semester was to visit the headquarters of Cummins in Indianapolis on September 20th. Cummins is one of the largest producers of diesel engines in the world.
- The spring semester concluded with the biannual spring break field trip to Washington, DC (March 17 – 22).
- The first field trip of the semester was to Deloitte on February 15. Deloitte provides audit, tax consulting, enterprise risk, and financial advisory services worldwide.
- Our second field trip for the semester was to visit Wells Fargo Advisors, a brokerage firm and subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Our visit to the CBOE on September 21 was an interesting look into the past as well as the present of options markets.
- The semester concluded with the much-anticipated trip to New York City (March 18 - 23). Students attended presentations by the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Moody’s, and TIAA.
- The second field trip of the semester was to ADM in Decatur, Illinois on March 2.
- Students traveled to Peoria in February to visit Caterpillar. The day began with a presentation describing the roles and responsibilities of the bussiness economic division at CAT.
- The last trip for the fall semester was to Springfield, Illinois. The students started the day with three presentations at the Office of Management and Budget.
- The second field trip of the semester was to the U.S. headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev, located in St. Louis, Missouri. AB inBev is a Belgian transnational beverage and brewing company.
- The visit began with a presentation by Rick Mattoon, a senior economist and economic advisor in the economic research department, who talked about the 2017 economic outlook for the U.S. Ms. Cindy Ivanac-Lillig, economic outlook specialist, gave an overview of the Federal Reserve system and its mission and role of monetary policy. The day concluded with a visit to the Money Museum.