The spring semester concluded with the biannual spring break field trip to Washington, DC (March 17 – 22).
MSPE Field Trips
- The first field trip of the semester was to Deloitte on February 15. Deloitte provides audit, tax consulting, enterprise risk, and financial advisory services worldwide.
- Our second field trip for the semester was to visit Wells Fargo Advisors, a brokerage firm and subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Our visit to the CBOE on September 21 was an interesting look into the past as well as the present of options markets.
- The semester concluded with the much-anticipated trip to New York City (March 18 - 23). Students attended presentations by the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Moody’s, and TIAA.
- The second field trip of the semester was to ADM in Decatur, Illinois on March 2.
- Students traveled to Peoria in February to visit Caterpillar. The day began with a presentation describing the roles and responsibilities of the bussiness economic division at CAT.
- The last trip for the fall semester was to Springfield, Illinois. The students started the day with three presentations at the Office of Management and Budget.
- The second field trip of the semester was to the U.S. headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev, located in St. Louis, Missouri. AB inBev is a Belgian transnational beverage and brewing company.
- The visit began with a presentation by Rick Mattoon, a senior economist and economic advisor in the economic research department, who talked about the 2017 economic outlook for the U.S. Ms. Cindy Ivanac-Lillig, economic outlook specialist, gave an overview of the Federal Reserve system and its mission and role of monetary policy. The day concluded with a visit to the Money Museum.
- We concluded the academic year with a spring break trip to Washington, DC (March 19 – 24). Students attended presentations by the World Bank, Federal Trade Commission, International Monetary Fund, and the Inter-American Development Bank.
- For the first fall trip, students traveled to Moline, IL to visit the world headquarters of John Deere.