The Department of Economics and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have many initiatives and support services for International Students! We are very lucky to have a large number of students, faculty, staff, and visitors from diverse countries around the world to bring perspectives and dynamic backgrounds to the campus experience.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is committed to providing culturally sensitive services of the highest quality. They strive to create an environment that is conducive to a successful educational, personal, and professional experience. They serve our international population and campus units through advising, immigration services, programming, advocacy, and outreach. Main ISSS Website: http://www.isss.illinois.edu/
Read More about ISSS
- International Student Organizations
- Cultural Spotlight Newsletter
- International Hospitality Committee
- English Language Resources (ISSS) http://www.isss.illinois.edu/publications/english/englang.html
- The Center for Writing Studies ~ The Writers Workshop provides one-on-one consulting for all writing and occasional writing groups specifically for ESL writers. http://www.cws.illinois.edu/workshop/
- The Center for Writing Studies (CWS) has the Writers Workshop services, where students can repeatedly bring writing projects to talk one-on-one with a consultant. About 70% of our current appointments are with second language writers.
There are many opportunities to learn or enhance your English as our campus and the community offer numerous resources and services. Visit the ISSS English Language Resources Website for a comprehensive list.