- Economics Department has two alumni with a connection to Mr. Obama: Mr. Jesse Ruiz (Econ ’88) and Mr. Billy Dec.
- José Cantero Sienra (MSPE '00), Economist, has been appointed as a Full Member of the Board of the Central Bank of Paraguay on July 28, 2017, for a period of five years.
- Mzwanele Mfunwa (MSPE '93), is currently employed as Chief of the Sub-Regional Initiatives Unit in the Southern Africa Office (Lusaka, Zambia) of the United Nations Economic Commis
- Danara Tileubergen (MSPE '15), is currently working as a senior researcher at the Economic Research Institute in Kazakhstan.
- Jose Sanchez Segura (MSPE '05), after completing the MSPE Program, Jose was awarded a degree in public polices at Escuela de Gobierno in Guatemala.
- Zakhele Lukhele (MSPE '90), was awarded a post graduate diploma in advanced banking law from the University of Johannesburg in 2006.
- Aziz Hatipagaoglu (MSPE '05), was awarded a Ph.D. in economics from Gazi University in 2014.
- Hakan Dalcik (MSPE '07), is currently employed as the Head of the TIR Department at the Ministry of Customs and Trade in Turkey.
- Steven Thayer (ECON '88), received the 2018 Chicago Illini of the Year Award at a dinner in Chicago. Thayer is a founding partner of the Chicago-based law firm Handler Thayer, and serves as chairman of the Commercial Practice Group, which focuses on real estate, sports, entertainment, and corporate and business law.