Internationally-known scholars are invited to campus to present special policy-oriented seminars for MSPE students.
Students will receive email notification of an upcoming seminar. Attendance is mandatory unless a student has a conflict. In order to be excused from a seminar, a student must submit a Seminar Absence Approval Form for approval (copies of the form are also available in the MSPE office). Note that the signature of the academic advisor or other MSPE staff is required on this form.
A list of seminars can be found at Upcoming Events.
Past seminar presenters include:
- Alan Auerbach, Robert D. Burch Professor of Economics and Law and Director of the Burch Center for Tax Policy and Public Finance, University of California-Berkeley
- Robert Barro, Paul M. Warburg Professor of Economics, Harvard University
- Robin Boadway, David Smith Chair in Economics, Queen’s University (Ontario)
- John Conley, Professor of Economics, Vanderbilt University
- Helmuth Cremer, Professor of Economics at Toulouse (France) School of Economics
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati (MSPE alumnus), Managing Director of the World Bank Group, and previously Finance Minister of Indonesia in the Second United Indonesia Cabinet
- Laurence Kotlikoff, William Warren FairField Professor of Economics, Boston University
- H. Hashem Pesaran, John Elliott Distinguished Chair in Economics and Director of the USC Dornsife Center for Applied Financial Economics Research, University of Southern California
- Pierre Pestieau, Professor of Economics, University of Liege (Belgium)
- Dani Rodrik, Ford Foundation Professor of International Political Economy at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Efraim Sadka, Professor of Economics and Henry Kaufman Professor of International Capital Markets, Tel-Aviv University
- Alexandre Tombini, Research Economist at the Central Bank of Brazil
- Raul Vera Bogado (MSPE alumnus), Executive Chairman of Banco Regional S.A.E.C.A. (Paraguay)