Congratulations on your admission to the MSPE Program and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign!
Here you will find information to help make your transition to the University as smooth as possible. Please feel free to contact the MSPE office with any concerns or questions.
Arrival Information - Fall 2020
- If you plan to take your fall 2020 courses in-person/on campus, your suggested arrival date depends on where you are traveling from:
1. The University instructs all individuals to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD) guidelines for protecting yourself and others from COVID-19. Foreign nationals who have been in any of countries listed on this CDC page during the past 14 days may not enter the United States at this time. If you are traveling from any other country not on the prohibited list, the CDC requires that you self-quarantine for 14 days following these CDC guidelines and the university recommends you monitor your health using this handout (PDF). Thus, if you are traveling from another country, you should arrive to campus no later than Monday, August 10, so that you can self-quarantine for 14 days prior to the commencement of fall classes on Monday, August 24.
2. If you are traveling to campus from within the U.S., we would suggest you arrive to campus no later than Wednesday, August 19.
- English Placement Test (EPT)--if you were required to take the EPT, please be advised that testing will be conducted online. Go to the EPT graduate registration page to sign up for pre-fall 2020 testing. Email the MSPE office with your EPT test date.
- Orientation will be presented virtually. Details will be sent to incoming students when they become available.
- Classes begin on Monday, August 24