- Hakan Dalcik (MSPE '07), is currently employed as the Head of the TIR Department at the Ministry of Customs and Trade in Turkey.
- The STEM designation allows MSPE graduates, who participate in Optional Practical Training (OPT) with an employer in the United States, to file a request for a two-year extension to the normal one year of OPT.
- Students traveled to Peoria in February to visit Caterpillar.
- The last trip for the fall semester was to Springfield, Illinois. The students started the day with three presentations at the Office of Management and Budget.
- The second field trip of the semester was to the U.S. headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The visit began with a presentation by Rick Mattoon, a senior economist and economic advisor in the economic research department, who talked about the 2017 economic outlook for the U.S. Ms. Cindy Ivanac-Lillig, economic outlook specialist, gave an overview of the Federal Reserve system and its mission and role of monetary policy. The day concluded with a visit to the Money Museum.
- We concluded the academic year with a spring break trip to Washington, DC (March 19 – 24).