51 new students entered the MSPE Program this fall.
- 84 new students entered the MSPE Program this fall.
- The STEM designation allows MSPE graduates, who participate in Optional Practical Training (OPT) with an employer in the United States, to file a request for a two-year extension to the normal one year of OPT.
- The second field trip for the semester was to visit Bayer in St. Louis on October 25th. Bayer acquired Monsanto Company in 2018.
- Our first field trip for the semester was to visit the headquarters of Cummins in Indianapolis on September 20th.
- ESTIMATED ANNUAL COST PER STUDENT FOR
- The spring semester concluded with the biannual spring break field trip to Washington, DC (March 17 – 22).
- The first field trip of the semester was to Deloitte on February 15.
- Our second field trip for the semester was to visit Wells Fargo Advisors, a brokerage firm and subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Our visit to the CBOE on September 21 was an interesting look into the past as well as the present of options markets.
- The semester concluded with the much-anticipated trip to New York City (March 18 - 23). Students attended presentations by the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Moody’s, and TIAA.
- The second field trip of the semester was to ADM in Decatur, Illinois on March 2.
- José Cantero Sienra (MSPE '00), Economist, has been appointed as a Full Member of the Board of the Central Bank of Paraguay on July 28, 2017, for a period of five years.
- Mzwanele Mfunwa (MSPE '93), is currently employed as Chief of the Sub-Regional Initiatives Unit in the Southern Africa Office (Lusaka, Zambia) of the United Nations Economic Commis
- Danara Tileubergen (MSPE '15), is currently working as a senior researcher at the Economic Research Institute in Kazakhstan.
- Jose Sanchez Segura (MSPE '05), after completing the MSPE Program, Jose was awarded a degree in public polices at Escuela de Gobierno in Guatemala.
- Zakhele Lukhele (MSPE '90), was awarded a post graduate diploma in advanced banking law from the University of Johannesburg in 2006.
- Aziz Hatipagaoglu (MSPE '05), was awarded a Ph.D. in economics from Gazi University in 2014.
- Hakan Dalcik (MSPE '07), is currently employed as the Head of the TIR Department at the Ministry of Customs and Trade in Turkey.
- Students traveled to Peoria in February to visit Caterpillar.
- The last trip for the fall semester was to Springfield, Illinois. The students started the day with three presentations at the Office of Management and Budget.
- The second field trip of the semester was to the U.S. headquarters of Anheuser-Busch InBev, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The visit began with a presentation by Rick Mattoon, a senior economist and economic advisor in the economic research department, who talked about the 2017 economic outlook for the U.S. Ms. Cindy Ivanac-Lillig, economic outlook specialist, gave an overview of the Federal Reserve system and its mission and role of monetary policy. The day concluded with a visit to the Money Museum.
- We concluded the academic year with a spring break trip to Washington, DC (March 19 – 24).
- For the first fall trip, students traveled to Moline, IL to visit the world headquarters of John Deere.
- Our third visit was to the International Monetary Fund.
- Our second visit was to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Our first visit was to the World Bank.
- Our final visit was to the Inter-American Development Bank.
- The final fall trip was to the Illinois Farm Bureau in Bloomington on November 4.
- On October 21, the MSPE students visited the world headquarters of Monsanto, a sustainable agriculture company located in St
- The first fall field trip was to the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) on September 16.
- The highlight of the academic year was the spring break field trip to New York City (March 20 – 25).
- The second spring field trip was to visit Archer Daniels Midland in Decatur, Illinois. The visit began with a bus tour of the ADM facilities. Mr.
- Our first field trip was to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.