The spring semester concluded with the biannual spring break field trip to Washington, DC (March 17 – 22).
- The first field trip of the semester was to Deloitte on February 15.
- 84 new students entered the MSPE Program this fall.
- Our second field trip for the semester was to visit Wells Fargo Advisors, a brokerage firm and subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Our visit to the CBOE on September 21 was an interesting look into the past as well as the present of options markets.
- The semester concluded with the much-anticipated trip to New York City (March 18 - 23). Students attended presentations by the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Moody’s, and TIAA.
- The second field trip of the semester was to ADM in Decatur, Illinois on March 2.
- José Cantero Sienra (MSPE '00), Economist, has been appointed as a Full Member of the Board of the Central Bank of Paraguay on July 28, 2017, for a period of five years.
- Mzwanele Mfunwa (MSPE '93), is currently employed as Chief of the Sub-Regional Initiatives Unit in the Southern Africa Office (Lusaka, Zambia) of the United Nations Economic Commis
- Danara Tileubergen (MSPE '15), is currently working as a senior researcher at the Economic Research Institute in Kazakhstan.
- Jose Sanchez Segura (MSPE '05), after completing the MSPE Program, Jose was awarded a degree in public polices at Escuela de Gobierno in Guatemala.
- Zakhele Lukhele (MSPE '90), was awarded a post graduate diploma in advanced banking law from the University of Johannesburg in 2006.
- Aziz Hatipagaoglu (MSPE '05), was awarded a Ph.D. in economics from Gazi University in 2014.