We concluded the academic year with a spring break trip to Washington, DC (March 19 – 24). Students attended presentations by the World Bank, Federal Trade Commission, International Monetary Fund, and the Inter-American Development Bank.
MSPE Field Trips
- For the first fall trip, students traveled to Moline, IL to visit the world headquarters of John Deere.
- On February 24th, the MSPE students attended a presentation by Deloitte in Chicago. Midori Nakamura, an August 2007 MSPE alum, organized the presentation. Both Midori and Dr.
- Our third visit was to the International Monetary Fund. The presenter highlighted the IMF history, organizational structure, missions, and its developments over time.
- Our second visit was to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Our first visit was to the World Bank. The presentation began with an overview of World Bank history, organizational structure, and missions.
- Our final visit was to the Inter-American Development Bank.
- The final fall trip was to the Illinois Farm Bureau in Bloomington on November 4. The IFB is an association of farmers, which was formed 100 years ago to further farmer interests.
- On October 21, the MSPE students visited the world headquarters of Monsanto, a sustainable agriculture company located in St. Louis, Missouri. Monsanto products include agricultural and vegetable seeds.
- The first fall field trip was to the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) on September 16. CBOE is the world’s largest options exchange and the leader in product innovation, options education, and trading volume. Mr. Kevin Davitt, Sr.
- The highlight of the academic year was the spring break field trip to New York City (March 20 – 25). Students attended presentations by the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Standard & Poor’s, and TIAA-CREF. As in the past, students were also given time to explore the city.
- The second spring field trip was to visit Archer Daniels Midland in Decatur, Illinois. The visit began with a bus tour of the ADM facilities. Mr.