Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is an internationally recognized honor society for Economics. The organization's mission is to recognize the scholastic accomplishments of it's members and honor any outstanding achievements. They also strive to establish closer ties between students & faculty within colleges and universities. ODE is a resource for members interested in furthering study in Economics, graduate school and career opportunities.
Please read more information: ODE National Office Website
Recognition of your Scholastic Achievement
Access to The American Economist Journal
(Opportunity to be published)
Chance to compete for prestigious awards
Including Outstanding Student Leader Award
Strengthened Faculty relationships
Participate in local chapter events & meet ODE members across the country
Include on Resume, Grad School Applications, etc
Undergraduates must meet the following criteria to qualify for membership:
- completed at least 12 hours of economics courses
- overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- economics GPA of 3.0 or better
- major or minor related to economics (ECON major/minor/concentration, or ACE major).
- (Eligible ACE Courses: ACE 210, 251, 254, 255, 270, 310, 451, 452, 454, 471, 474, 476)
Graduate Students must meet the following criteria for membership:
- completed at least 24 credit hours of work in the MSPE Program
- overall GPA of 3.9 or better
- economics GPA of 3.9 or better
- graduate major in, or related to, economics
APPLICATION & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
Qualifying students must complete both parts of the ODE/Illinois Alpha Application Form. Which includes the ILLINOIS Economics Chapter and the ODE Membership Application.
You will also submit a resume, and pay the $45 membership cost by check.
The $45.00 membership fee includes:
- national office initiation fee for a lifetime membership
- membership card
- an attractive scroll
- free electronic access to The American Economist
- local chapter expenses
Check Made out to: Omicron Delta Epsilon (Make sure your name is on the check)
***Students may purchase additional ODE items on the “Membership Application Form” and add the cost(s) to the total membership cost. The listed price includes shipping and handling to a domestic address. “Membership Application” should include the address where you would like any additional items mailed~ some items will be sent to the Economics Office and you will be contacted for pick-up***
WHERE TO SUBMIT:
Please bring the completed application, resume, and your $45 check to 214 DKH (do not send them to the national office).
If you need more information, you can contact Tosha Bilsbury, Chapter Advisor, or Bill Williamson, Faculty Advisor. You may also contact the Economics Undergraduate Studies Office or stop by the front desk in DKH 214.